Chief Science Officers
PUHSD Chief Science (STEAM) Officers Home PageThe following students were elected in May2015 and attended CSO Summer Institute in July 2015. Special thanks to South Videographer Volunteer:
Program Goals 2015-16 School Year
- Alhambra Shannon and America
- Camelback Cynthia and Dalia
- Chavez Adrian
- Fairfax Danielle
- Metro Tech Johnathan and Juan
Timeline Snapshot - Action Plans
* August–December Students begin role as CSOs – increase awareness of CSO project with peers; meet monthly with mentors; assess STEM activities and highlight activity with blog or social media; attend off site meeting in community.
* September Make-up Session: CSO Fall Institute September
* October Implement Fall Cabinet meeting
* January–May Students continue role as CSOs - meet monthly with mentors; highlight campus STEM happenings with blog or social media; attend off site meeting in community; co-develop with peers STEM community activity
* February Implement Winter Cabinet meeting; recruit additional sites for year 2
* March-May Schools advertise position and elect 2nd year CSOsEveryone had a positive experience and felt more secure in what a CSO should do for the school year. Friendships and partnerships were formed!Camp ActivitiesStudents attended hands-on interactive workshops which were supported by local industry, education and community leaders.
Parent Communication - Click Here
- Create CSO Profile and Vision
- Participate in STEM Learning Activities
- Participate in Science Showcase
- Attend CSO Reginal Cabinet Meetings
- Create CSO Communication Plan and Blog
- Begin CSO Action Plan
DID YOU MISS OUT ON SUMMER CAMP - MAKEUP CAMP IS CURRENTLY IN THE PLANNING PHASES FOR SEPTEMBER 2015!
Events Timeline:Mar27-April24 Students Apply online at phoenixunion.org/steamApr22-30 AZ SciTech CSO Informational sessionsMay1-3 Teachers review applications and submit names for online votingMay5 AZ SciTech CSO Community EventMay8 Student body voting window closesJul10-12th CSO's attend Summer CampAugust 3, 2015 CSO Role startsSeptember 25-27 CSO Institute (makeup) - Tonto Creek Camp, PaysonClick Image to find out more information about the CSO role